On June 30, 2021, the Chief Minister of West Bengal announced the Student Credit Card Scheme. Through which all students of this state can apply for loans up to 10 lakh for higher education.
The specialty of this West Bengal education loan is that students will not have to mortgage anything to any bank while taking the amount of the loan. The West Bengal government itself will be fully responsible for providing loans to students. The interest on the West Bengal education loan amounts which students would get through student credit cards has been kept at a very minimum rate of 4%. Students have to repay the loan within 15 years of getting a job and at the end of their studies.
In today’s article, we will discuss what are the qualifications required to obtain a WB Student credit card. how will students apply for a loan? what are the important documents required? And who can apply for this scheme?
- 1 What is WB Student Credit Card Scheme?
- 2 Overview Of WB Student Credit Card Scheme
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for Student Credit Card Scheme
- 4 Benefits of WB Student Credit Card Scheme
- 5 What is the main purpose of this Scheme?
- 6 Applicant Documents required
- 7 What is the interest rate?
- 8 WB Student Credit Card Apply Online Process
What is WB Student Credit Card Scheme?
Through this WB Student Credit Card scheme, students will be able to take a student loan for higher education. Students who want to continue their studies but cannot afford the required tuition fees due to their financial status will definitely get the benefit of this education loan.
Moreover, if anyone wants to move abroad for higher studies, s/he can also be benefited too. Through this Student Credit Card, West Bengal students will get a loan of Rs. 10 lakh from a bank at a very low-interest rate for their further studies.
Overview Of WB Student Credit Card Scheme
|Scheme Name||WB Student Credit Card Scheme|
|Scheme Department||Department of Higher Education Govt. of West Bengal|
|Initiate By||Govt. of West Bengal|
|Motive of the scheme||Higher Education|
|Benefits||Loan up to 10 lakh|
|Helpline Number||+91 800-102-8014|
Eligibility Criteria for Student Credit Card Scheme
Under the terms of the government, any student who has studied for a minimum of 10 years in the state of West Bengal will be able to avail of the benefit of a student loan through this scheme. Those who have studied undergraduate, and postgraduate, Polytechnic courses will also be eligible for this loan. Students who take this loan will be given 15 years to repay the loan after getting a job.
Benefits of WB Student Credit Card Scheme
- If someone has taken a student loan through this scheme, s/he will have to pay a much lower interest rate if we compare it with any other student loans.
- Grade 10 and higher students will be able to take advantage of student credit cards where they do not have to put up any mortgages.
- Students will be issued credit cards to withdraw their loan amount so that students do not have to visit the bank repeatedly to get their loan money.
- Students up to 40 years of age can avail the benefits of this student loan.
- Students will be given 15 years to repay the loan after getting a job.
What is the main purpose of this Scheme?
- The main purpose of the WB Student Credit Card Scheme is to provide loans to students for higher education.
- Through this scheme, students will be given loans up to 10 lakh so that they can pursue their higher education without worrying about financial problems.
- The unemployment rate in the state will be greatly reduced through the given project.
Applicant Documents required
If you want to apply online for a student credit card, you must know what important documents will be required to apply online for this scheme. Below we have listed the important documents that will be required while applying for a Student Credit Card.
- Education qualification.
- Approved course structure.
- Fee structure.
- Color photograph.
- Proof of address.
- Family annual income certificate.
- Class 10, 12 marks sheets.
- Identity proof.
- Bank passbook statement.
- Signature photocopy.
What is the interest rate?
The WB Credit Card Scheme is an education loan scheme through which students can take loans as per their needs without any security. No processing charges will be levied on students under this scheme. The rate of interest on this student loan is also very low. The interest rate on this student credit card loan is the lowest among all the education loans available in the bank to date.
Students have to pay only a 4% interest rate. As far as we know a bank will charge from 8 to 10% interest rate for an educational loan, but here the West Bengal government will provide an interest subsidy. This means that students will have to pay only 4% interest and the rest will be bear by the government.
WB Student Credit Card Apply Online Process
Now we will show you step by step process of how to apply online for the WB Student Credit Card Scheme. To get a student credit card loan, you should first complete your registration. You can apply for a Student Credit Card by following the steps below.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of WBSCC and click on Student Registration.
- Then you have to enter your name, date of birth, and Aadhaar number in the basic details.
- Now you have to give your current education details, such as which class you are studying, the location of your institution, the name of the institution, etc.
- Then you need to provide your contact details, for example, mobile number, and email ID then create a password and click on registration.
- Then an OTP code will be sent to your mobile number which you have to enter and verify.
- After verification and completion of registration, an application id will be sent to your registered email.
- Now you need to log in with your application ID and password.
- Once logged in to the WBCCC portal, you will have to add some additional details about yourself.
- All you have to do is to click on Apply Now button and go to the next page.
- Now you have to fill in your father’s name, and mother’s name and go to the bottom of the page.
- Where you have to give your last educational qualification, and permanent address.
- Once this is done, you will need to provide your bank details, such as the bank name, IFSC code, and the bank for the loan. This is a very important step because you will be given a loan from the bank which you are going to provide.
- You will then need to upload the required documents, such as your photograph, your signature, Aadhaar card, and admission fee structure; upload all these and then submit the form.
After, submitting the application. You can keep the PDF file of the form if you want, which can come in handy later. This way you can easily apply online for WB Credit Card.
Disclaimer: Our website never claims that all the information present here is 100% correct, we have collected the information from the official portal. So if you have any queries you can check the official website of the WBSCC portal to find proper solutions.
FAQ’s WB Student Credit Card Scheme
Which banks are best for a student credit card?
We can get this student loan from any bank, but the Indian government undertaking banks like SBI, and Punjab Nation Banks are the best because loans are usually approved in these banks in a short time.
Who is eligible for a student credit card in West Bengal?
All students who have studied in West Bengal for a minimum of 10 years, and who are below 40 years of age can apply for a Student Credit Card.
What is the WB student credit card scheme?
The WB student credit card scheme is a student loan, the main purpose of which is to provide loans as financial assistance to middle-class and backward students in the state for their higher education.