Many of us might be quite familiar with the UGC NET exam, and many may be unaware of the NTA UGC NET exam, and want to know more about it. Today we will be going to discuss with you all the detailed information regarding this NTA UGC NET Exam. There are two types of NET examinations we can apply for. One is UGC NET and another is CSIR NET, today we will discuss about the UGC NET.
To improve the education system of India, there is a need for qualified teachers in universities or colleges, because a teacher holds the key for building a great and strong Nation. In colleges and universities, lecturers and professors play the equivalent role of teachers. That is why lecturers, professors, and researchers are needed in all these educational institutions.
The recruitment process of lecturers and professors in universities or colleges is done through the NTA i.e. National Testing Agency. Through this agency, NET i.e. National Eligibility Test and NET JRF i.e. National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship exams are conducted each year.
- 1 Overview of NTA UGC NET 2022
- 2 NTA UGC NET and NET JRF Exam
- 3 What is UGC NET and UGC NET JRF Exam?
- 4 What are the benefits of this UGC NET test?
- 5 Applicant Age Limit
- 6 Eligibility Criteria required
- 7 Education Qualification NET Exam
- 8 Exam pattern For NET and NET JRF
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 UGC NET Exam date 2022: Latest Update
Overview of NTA UGC NET 2022
|Name Of The Exams||UGC NET and NET JRF|
|Department||Department of Higher Education, Ministry of education|
|Authority||University Grants Commission, UGC-NET|
|Exam Agency||NTA, National Testing Agency|
NTA UGC NET and NET JRF Exam
If your dream is to become a lecturer, professor in a college or university in the near future, you can achieve this position through UGC NET exam. But before preparing for such exams you should thoroughly know all the important informations related to the exam.
Today we will discuss what is NTA UGC NET and NET JRF exam. What are the eligibility criterias to apply for this exam; what is the exam question pattern; what benefits can we get after qualifying for this exam; and also discuss other important topics.
What is UGC NET and UGC NET JRF Exam?
The exam which is conducted for applying for the post of lecturer, assistant professor in colleges or universities is known as NET exam. The promoter of this NET JRF exam is UGC i.e. University Grants Commission.
Before NET the exam was earlier organised by CBSC which is currently being conducted by NTA on behalf of UGC. This is why many consider the NET exam as UGC NET or NTA UGC NET exam. Although NET and NET JRF may sound different, but both exams are the same.
What are the benefits of this UGC NET test?
- If you qualify for the UGC NET exam then you can apply for Assistant Professor and Lecturer posts. But if we have cleared NET JRF exam then we qualify for an additional Junior Research Fellowship.
- Candidates who clear the UGC NET JRF exam will receive 31000 scholarship amount per month from government for pursuing M.Phil and PhD degrees.
- Candidates will get a scholarship of 35000 rupees when they are promoted from JRF to SRF i.e Senior Research Fellowship.
- If any one does not want to become a lecturer or professor, then candidates can also work in PSU i.e Public Sector Undertaking companies. Every year PSU companies offer jobs to NET JRF candidates. Candidates are offered jobs in various Departments like Finance, Research & Development and Women Research .
- Getting a promotion becomes easy after qualifying for the NET JRF exam. If you are already working in any department, you will be promoted soon.
- Although both the exams are the same, some extra facilities are given to those who pass the NET JRF exam. The students who clear the NET exam among them Only 10% of students are awarded with the NET JRF certificate, and candidates who score more than the set cut off marks are given NET certificate.
- Candidates who qualify in the NET exam can apply for the position of Lecturer or Assistant Professor in Colleges and Universities. Those who have NET JRF certificates are eligible for these posts as well as they will receive a scholarship from the government for Ph.D., MPhil, and research work.
- If candidates qualify for the NET JRF exam, they are awarded NET Certificate and Junior Research Award.
Applicant Age Limit
There is no upper age limit to apply for NET exam, we can apply for NET exam at any age. But the candidate age to apply for NET JRF exam is 30 years, this is only for unreserved candidates. Reserved candidates like SC, ST, and PWD candidates can apply till 35 years.
Eligibility Criteria required
The question papers are same for these two exams, but while applying we have to mention for which exam we are going to sit for. If you fill the NET exam form while applying, and get selected in the NET JRF list with good marks, still you will not be accepted for the same that means even if we get selected in NET JRF, we will receive a NET certificate only.
Education Qualification NET Exam
To apply for this exam we need to get have a minimum of 55% marks in postgraduate degree. It is for unreserved candidates, reserved candidates like SC, ST and PWD must obtain a minimum of 50% marks.
Exam pattern For NET and NET JRF
NET and NET JRF exams consist of two papers, and the exam carries a total of 300 marks. The duration of this exam is 180 minutes i.e 3 hours. The first paper of NET and NET JRF exam consists of total 50 questions and each question carries 2 marks. This exam consists of 5 questions from each topic. The subjects are following,
- Data Interpretation
- Higher Education System
- Informative & Communicative Technology
- Logical Reasoning
- People Development & Environment
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning & Mathematical Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- and, Teaching Aptitude
To qualify in the paper one, general candidates need to score 40% marks and reserved candidates need to score minimum of 35% marks.
The paper ll of NET and NET JRF exam is from the respective subject in which the candidates have pursue graduation degree. This paper contains a total of 100 questions on the respective subject, each question carry 2 marks. That means paper ll of NET exam carries a total of 200 marks. The type of question is MCQ based, where there is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
UGC NET and NET JRF Exam are published twice in a year. If you are looking for a respectable job then the teaching sector can be a good career option for you. If your dream is to get a job in teaching sector where the salary is good, then you can prepare yourself for NET and NET JRF exams.
But our advice is that you should always follow your dreams no matter what the consequences might be. Because once you start taking step by step toward your dreams, sooner or later you will reach your goal. We have shared with you the information we know regarding the UGC NET exam. If we have missed any topic then you can share your opinions with us by commenting.
UGC NET Exam date 2022: Latest Update
If you are preparing for the UGC NET exam this year then you must know that this year’s UGC NET phase ll exam was supposed to start on the 12th of August. But recently it was informed through the official notice that the exam date has been postponed and re-scheduled which will start from 20th September.
UGC NET Exam FAQs
Is UGC NET Admit Card 2022 released?
As the exam has been postponed, it is still difficult to say when the admit card will be issued, but the admit card is expected to be issued in the last week of August or the first week of September.
Is a job guaranteed after qualifying for UGC NET?
No, it is not mentioned anywhere. After clearing the NET exam we can apply for the posts. But we can get a scholarship if we clear the NET JRF exam.
How many times can we apply for the UGC NET exam?
There is no limit or restriction for how many times you want to give NET exam.
What is the age limit for the UGC NET exam?
The age limit for NET JRF exam is 30 years, and for reserved candidates, the age limit is up to 35 years.
What is the pass percentage of UGC NET?
A minimum of 40% marks is required to pass this exam.